Kelly Services is committed to and has a long history of supporting a diverse workplace.
With a global workforce, we place a premium on creating a culture of inclusion in order to attract, retain and develop a diverse talent pool. At Kelly Services, an inclusive culture encompasses diversity acceptance and respect for each of our employees and their contributions. We strive to maintain a workforce that reflects, in terms of diversity, the population of each community in which we do business.
Our shared values of diversity, individual dignity, and mutual respect reflect our clear commitment to diversity throughout our organization. Our main goal is the inclusion of diverse ideas and perspectives to promote greater innovation and the best business solutions for our customers. Our success is directly tied to the success of our employees.
Supplier Diversity Program
Kelly’s Supplier Diversity Development (KSDD) program supports our comprehensive approach to the selection and management of diverse suppliers. KSDD processes and programs are truly unique and designed to support our clients’ Tier I and Tier II diversity initiatives. Kelly utilizes diverse staffing companies as both teaming partners and subcontractors. We encourage certified diverse companies to partner with us in providing staffing solutions to our customers across a variety of business disciplines.
Kelly’s philosophy of partnering with diverse businesses is recognition of the company’s long-standing commitment to equal opportunity for all businesses.
- Encourage and assist Minority, Women, and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (MWDBEs)
- Develop diverse companies into strong supply and staffing partners
- Facilitate diverse suppliers in gaining access to greater business awards
Our program is supported through two principle methods:
- Kelly Procurement Solutions – established in 1990 to include the company’s product and service needs and enables Kelly to develop relationships with diverse companies as strategic suppliers.
- Kelly Staffing Solutions – formalized in 1991 as an extension of our purchasing initiatives. This program is designed to facilitate the delivery of staffing solutions by utilizing MWDBEs as teaming partners and/or subcontractors.
To qualify as a U.S. diverse supplier, a company must be at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by U.S. citizens who are classified as one of the following:
- African American
- Hispanic American
- Native American
- Asian-Pacific American
- Asian-Indian American
- Woman Owned
- Disabled Veteran
- Small Disadvantaged
Kelly identifies and verifies diverse businesses through the following organizations and affiliations:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and its regional councils
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and its regional affiliates
- Small Business Administration (SBA)